Friday, December 2, 2022

"Have A Cup of Cheer!"

Full view of my Welsh cupboard set up for hot chocolate and company.

       My Welsh cupboard is all arranged for company and service of hot chocolate. I've included the classics here, marshmallows, candy spoons, candy canes, cinnamon and sugar condiments. To the right is one of our many Advent calendars. On the left is a basket of small gifts for company. The galvanized village is lighted up and a hand-painted, snowflake sign welcomes visitors with "Have A Cup of Cheer!"

Left, gifts wrapped and ready for the season. Lovely puzzle by artist, Angela Harding.
Right, chocolate and peppermint stirring spoons and candy canes.

Left, Squashes in deep green and harvest gold colors displayed next to our spice grinder. Right,
galvanized houses for candlelight.

Left, colorful berries tucked between our pottery. Center a giant lantern displays Christmas 
baubles next to the Welsh cupboard. Right, delicate laser-cut snowflakes illuminate the 
cupboard at night with fairy lights.

A tree shaped Advent calendar with tiny woodland graphics on every drawer. 

 How I made the chalkboard sign for my "Hot Chocolate Station."

Left, I purchased a wooden snowflake to paint. Center, smearing the chalk on the back of a print-out. 
Right, see my print out of "Have a cup of Cheer" (included below)

Left, I drew on top of the printed text with a ball point pin to transfer the chalked letters.
Center, I took a wax white pencil and delicately drew on top of the chalk dust text.
Right, The last step was to paint the text again with acrylics so that the effect would
be stabilized and brighter.

Left, I then added swirls and berries free-hand. Right, I colored the berries with a bit of red paint.

Free text for your own Hot Chocolate Station craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!