Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Christmas Creed

 A Christmas Creed by Martha B. Thomas, 1912
* I believe in Santa Claus.
* I believe no hair is snowier, no cheeks redder, no smile merrier and no eyes more twinkling than his.
* I believe the heart of him is big enough to encompass the world -- if people would let it!
* I believe in the jingle of his sleigh bells, the swiftness of his reindeer, the sound of their tapping feet on the roof.
* I believe in chimneys, big broad, deep-throated chimneys that will not cramp the Merry Gentleman with his bulging pack.
* I believe in solemn rows of stockings hanging by the fire - father's short one, mother's long one and the dangling ones of the children, all waiting and expectant.
* I believe in the invisible blossom of happiness that Santa Claus leaves at every house, and I believe that it will grow through all the year if people try to keep the spirit of Christmas every day!

Direct from the North Pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!