Saturday, November 29, 2014

Handcraft Marbleized Baubles for Your Christmas Tree

This tiny glass bauble would look nice on a Shabby Chic Christmas tree.
     People have been marbleizing glass baubles for years and why not? It is both a fun and a simple way to add a bit of pizzazz to ordinary glass baubles.

 Supply List:
  • acrylic paints: one very light color combined with one or two very bright colors
  • clear glass bauble with detachable metal catche and hook
  • disposable paper cup
  • Ribbon or fancy wire for hanging
  • tacky white glue
Step-by-Step Directions:
  1.  For this peppermint swirled, glass bauble I dripped red and white acrylic paints into my glass bauble and swirled these two colors around inside the ornament. 
  2. Then I turned the glass bauble upside down and stood it inside of a disposable paper cup. I let this drain for an hour or so.
  3. Then I removed the bauble and turned it right side up, cleaned off the lip of the glass and replaced the metal catche.
  4. I twisted an old sprig of winter white berries around the metal catch adding tacky glue to the old vintage wire.
  5. I looped a piece of matching winter berry spring through the bauble's hook and twisted it to make a fancy hoop in order to hang my marbleized bauble from my feather tree.
      You can also make similar marbleized ornaments with alcohol inks and
 compressed air. Ranger Ink has a video here to show you how to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!