|What a cute way to recycle old odds and ends from your sewing box!|
Some ornaments are "sew" easy they hardly take much consideration at all to assemble. Make these fun little fellows with your children on a lazy Sunday afternoon. All you need is a treasure trove of old sewing notions and an nice skein or two of white wool yarn.
- white wool yarn
- thimbles and a flexible measuring tape
- pins and needles
- buttons and old hooks
- old wooden spools
- card stock
- hot glue gun and glue
- Wrap wool yarn around a bit of card stock over and over until the wool forms round balls.
- Attach and stack these yarn balls to each other with a long threaded needle using a similar color to the white wool.
- Hot glue an old wooden spool or a old tin thimble to the top of the snowman's head to serve as a "hat"
- Sew onto the snowman's face tiny odd notions: buttons for eyes, old hooks for noses, flexible measuring tape for scarfs etc...
- Weave a thin wire hook into their backs for hanging.