|My Christmas cup of cocoa ornament made with cotton batting.|
- a child's tea cup or a demitasse
- white cotton balls
- masking tape
- white school glue
- brown, red and green acrylic paints
- white glitter
- green lace trim
- wire for the hanger
- soda pop or beer bottle lid
- Line the inside of your tea cup with masking tape sticky side up.
- Crush newsprint tightly into the child's tea cup or demitasse.
- Remove the shape and apply masking tape again to all of the outer surfaces.
- Mask the entire surface of a soda pop or beer bottle lid and glue this to the bottom of your cocoa cup to mimic a foot.
- Now roll a piece of wire inside newsprint and bend it into the shape of a handle. Mask this piece and attach it with a bit of glue and tape to the cup shape.
- You are ready to wrap your form with cotton. Unroll the cotton balls several at a time so that you have long soft strips to works with.
- Apply a generous amount of white glue to the surface of your cocoa mug with your finger tips.
- Wrap the cotton around the surface and gently press it into the glue as you go. Let dry.
- Repeat step 8 until you have covered the entire form. Always end with a glue application.
- Roll between your finger tips a wade of cotton and glue until you have shaped miniature "marshmallows." I made three for this hot cup of cocoa.
- Paint and decorate the surface of your cup with red and green stripes, dots and lace. The lace should be applied with the same white glue that you have used to layer the cotton onto the surface with. Glue on a bit of glitter for foam on top of the cocoa too.
- You may also wish to wrap a small wire hanger with cotton batting so that you can hang your ornament on the tree.
|Above is the masked cocoa cup that has been shaped with the aid of a child's play tea cup; you could form a similar miniature ornament from a demitasse.|
|As you can see, I have wrapped every surface with cotton batting and glue before painting it.|
- Crocheted Tea Cup Christmas Ornaments
- Another version of crochet teacup ornaments from one Sheepish girl
- paper teacup ornaments from cut out + keep
- How to make mini teacups
- D.I.Y. - woven newspaper tea cup 1 - tutorial
- Hershey's Tea Cup Tutorial
- These teacup pincushions would also make adorable Christmas ornaments
- Crochet Hot Cocoa Christmas Ornament
- Really Sweet Christmas Cocoa Mugs Ornament Patterns
- Ice Skating Afternoon Patterns in Felt: Cocoa Mug Included
This sweet little video about "how to make
a felt coffee mug" is by Tammy Hallam