How about assembling a cute little Christmas placemat for your early learner for the holidays? Parents or teachers can pre-cut the shapes from fun printed papers in advance. Then your young children can assemble and paste the large mug of Christmas cocoa onto a festive sheet of paper before laminating the entire mat. I also added a few Christmas stickers to my cocoa mugs.
Count how many marshmallows can fit inside your cocoa cup, or how high you can stack them before they fall! Try rolling dice to count out equivalent numbers of marshmallows too. Be careful, marshmallow math is not always so very reliable; the props often disappear the moment a parent's back is turned!
|Above is a template, mug for hot chocolate or cocoa, that I have designed for this counting placemat project.|
Make More Christmas Placemats with The Kids:
- My "Time for Tea Version" for those of you who simply prefer tea or who live in England
- Free Printable Child's Chalkboard Placemat
- Holiday Table Setting Placemats
- Christmas Craft: Christmas Placemat
- Artful Place Mats
- Recycled Christmas Placemats
Wicked marshmallow experiment!