Parents and teachers can help little ones assemble this tea time placemat craft by tracing and cutting out the printable template below. I used some pretty Christmas patterned paper for my own sample shown on the right. I also layered the paper tea cups on top of a white doily and added two tea tags from some actual tea bags. I glued these as if they were steeping inside my tea cups.
Children can play simple math games will waiting for their lunch or tea + crumpets! Simply ad and subtract using the visual aid i.e. placemat and a few lumps of sugar thus:
- Add the two together = counting all of the sugar cubes present in both tea cups.
- Subtract the lower number of sugar cubes from the higher.
- How many sugar cubes can you stack together within each tea cup?
- How many lumps of sugar do you take in your tea? How about your companion?
- Edible tea cups make tea time fun
- It's Tea Time! invitations
- Dimensional tea time cup
- tea party from Clare's creations
- tea time cookies from cake journal
- Tea Time Tin, It's a Cinch DIY Tutorial
- Christmas Pudding Tea Cosy
- Cute Christmas Cosies to Knit!
- Little wooden tea cup set for a Christmas tree
- Crafting at a Christmas tea party
- How to Organize and plan a Christmas Tea Party
- Tis the Season! high tea from Cristina Re
- Craft felt holiday tea party eco treats and sweets
- Share a cup of tea
- A tea wreath made with actual tea bags
- Give A Cup of Spicy Christmas Tea
- 5 Best Flavors of Herbal Teas
- Grown Your Own Tea From Seeds
- Gifts for Herbal Tea Lovers
- The Top 10 Teas for Your Herbal Medicine Cabinet
|The downloadable, printable template of tea cups by Kathy Grimm|
|After photographing this Christmas tea placemat, I laminated it, minus the sugar cubes of course.|