Sunday, June 23, 2013

Living Nativities

Kids singing at a living nativity celebration.

      The things children most quickly note and in which they take most interest may indicate their bent of mind and help parents and instructors to shape their education along the lines of least resistance. R. H. Haweis says:

      "Long before I had ever touched a violin, I was fascinated with its appearance. In driving to town as a child-- when, standing up in the carriage, I could just look out of the window--certain fiddle-shops hung with mighty rows of violins and cellos attracted my attention. I had dreams of these large editions--these patriarchs of the violin, as they seemed to me. I compared them in my mind with the smaller tenors and violins. I dreamed about their brown, big, dusty bodies and affable good-natured-looking heads and grinning faces. These violin shops were the great points watched for on each journey up to London from Norwood, where I spent my early days."

     Parents can help shape the way culture and our future generations of children view Christmas. Because culture is a learned process, handed down from one family to the next, you can leave lasting impressions on others that count! Visit the Nativity links to see just "how" congregations are "reshaping" the culture of Christmas here in America. Your church can develop programs for people of the community that are both unique experiences and that introduce them to the story of Jesus birth.

Living Nativity Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!