These fun homemade icicles are so easy to make, even a child would enjoy the process. Of course, I can't guarantee they won't poke each other with the skewers while they craft these; so parents, watch them closely to make sure your kids behave!
|A silver and gold tinsel icicles hanging on my|
white Christmas tree.
- wooden skewers or toothpicks
- wire for hanging
- aluminum tape
- decorative gold wire with stars
- aluminum foil
- masking tape
- Cut or break your wooden skewers to the lengths you prefer for icicles. I choose to make my versions 6 inches in length.
- Bend your wire in half and attach it with masking tape to the top of the icicle.
- Crush a bit of aluminum foil to the upper part of the icicle in order to wrap it into a tapered shape.
- Cut the aluminum tape into stripes and twist these down the skewer, overlapping the tape a bit. Cover the entire skewer with the aluminum tape.
- Cut and twist the gold wire around the silver tinsel icicle.
- Add a hanger.