|These hand printed snowmen were made by my nephew a few years ago.|
- Solid colored Christmas baubles, plastic or glass
- acrylic white and black paints
- paper plate
- permanent black, blue and orange ink markers
- Squirt out a bit of white acrylic paint onto a paper plate. Dip the sponge into it and paint both the palms and inside fingers of your child's hand.
- With the top of your bauble right side up, place the ornament into the painted palm of your child's hand. Carefully close his or her fingers around the bauble's round surface without letting their hand shift.
- Now ask them to gently remove their hand from the surface.
- Then hang the bauble in a place where the paint can dry without being disturbed.
- Wash your little ones hands.
- After the white acrylic paint has dried, paint black top hats on each of the printed white finger tips.
- Using your permanent markers, add details to each of the snowman's faces: eyes, noses, smiles and scarfs.
- Sign and date the ornament with a black permanent marker on the bottom of the palm print.
"Heidi demonstrates how to make a great holiday gift with
your child's hand print. Great fun for the kids and a great gift idea."