|Above, are glamorous ornaments for a Medieval Christmas tree!|
|Above, are Easter eggs that I made using similar methods.|
- sharp scissors
- clean egg cartons
- black acrylic paint/brush
- plastic, flat backed gems
- tacky white glue
- seed beads
- needle and thread
- embroidery needle
- Cut apart the geometric shapes used to protect eggs inside of their paper carton. Use your scissors to clean up the edges as well.
- Now you will be gluing these little shapes to create your own forms for the jewelry inspired ornaments. I used a very tacky white glue for this process in order to speed it up.
- Make sure that your forms are thoroughly dry before painting these with acrylic black paints. It is important that you use acrylics because these dry rapidly. Papier-mâché egg cartons will slowly break down in water colors if their is too much water or in oil base paints because the oils and chemicals will "eat" through paper that has not been treated with Gesso.
- Paste on the plastic gems where ever you like.
- String seed bead tassels to dangle from the bottoms of some of your ornaments. Thread seed beads through some of the wire hangers on others.
|Cut shapes from paper egg cartons to assemble these Medieval inspired Christmas ornaments.|
|Details of Christmas ornament craft using plastic gems and recycled egg cartons.|
- Book Art - Jeweled, leather tooled, embroidered gilt
- Medieval Jewelry from Wikipedia
- Arts and Crafts of the Middle Ages by Julia De Wolf Addison