|This sea shell ornament is as light as a feather, no really!|
- metallic beads
- quilter's thread (white)
- plastic chocolate shell mold
- sheet of cotton batting (quilt liner)
- paper clay
- light weight beading wire
- star shaped cookie cutter
- white tacky glue
- String metallic beads on a thin wire.
- Shape the length of this beaded wire around a star shaped cookie cutter and twist together the joined ends.
- Thread your needle with quilter's thread.
- Position your beaded star on top of a sheet of cotton batting used for lining quilts. Now whip stitch together the beaded wire and batting. Follow the entire outline of the beaded star.
- Cut out your cotton star shape and repeat the process again with an additional layer of cotton batting liner. Cut around the second layer again.
- Now whip stitch around the parameter of of the star attaching a random selection of metallic silver and gold beads.
- Open your paper clay and quickly mold shells from your plastic chocolate mold. Let these light weight shell shapes dry.
- You can trim the edges of the paper clay if you need to after the shells dry.
- Use super tacky glue to attach the paper clay shells to the cotton batting star ornament.