|Four different variations of paper ice skate ornaments; red, brown, green and blue. You can make these look different by trimming them with all kinds of lace, fur, ribbon flowers and three dimensional stickers.|
|Use this patter for a cardboard reinforcement|
on the inside of the ornament.
These paper Victorian ice skate ornaments would look great on a Christmas tree or on gift packages as either extra decorative elements or tags.
They are fun to embellish with all kinds of small recycled sewing notions and scrapbook stickers too!
- ice skate graphics, front and back sides
- recycle cardboard
- ribbon or wire for hanging
- sharp scissors
- white school glue
- silver papers for the skate blades or silver glitter
- a few Christmas trims for pasting across the top of the skates: ribbons, flowers, stickers etc...
- white, fuzzy fur for cuffs or cotton batting
- Download, print, and cut out your choice of ice skate graphics.
- Cut an additional ice skate with blades from cardboard. (pattern on the right, above) You will need to cut this slightly smaller than the graphic so that it will not show. Sandwich this cardboard ice skate between the front and back graphic with a bit of white glue.
- Next, you will need to add glue to both the front and back sides of your ice skate ornament and pour a bit of glitter into the glue to make the skate part of the boot silver. Let each side dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Glue across the top of your Victorian ice skate a bit of cotton batting or fur trim along with additional wire or ribbon in order to hang the ornament.
- Glue also a fancy ribbon flower, 3D sticker or lace for additional flourish across the cuff.
|Left, printed graphics of Victorian boots. Center, the graphics have both a front and back side. Glue the cardboard cut out including the ice skate blade between these front and back graphics. Right, finished ornaments.|
|Blue boot graphic for Victorian ice skate ornament|
|Green boot graphic for Victorian ice skate ornament.|
|Red boot graphic for Victorian ice skate ornament.|
|Brown boot graphic for Victorian ice skate ornament.|