|This Nativity ornament is so easy to make but yet it looks as though took a long time to craft!|
I just love the way this easy little star ornament turned out. I took very little effort on my part to produce it. Depending upon the stickers you use, this project could look quite different. I purchased these nativity stickers at a Michael's hobby store but you could find similar ones at any number of retailers. This is a perfect Christmas ornament project for those who love to scrapbook.
- plastic star ornament container
- white glitter
- white school glue
- sand paper
- wire hanger and one cotton ball
- silver tinsel
- Nativity stickers
- Rough-up both the inside and outside of the plastic ornament container with sandpaper. This will help the glitter stick to the plastic surface.
- Then layer white glitter on both the outside and inside of the plastic star. You may choose to brush on the glue but I used my finger tips instead. Make sure to give the ornament extra coats of glitter around the edges of the star.
- Glue inside the ornaments a small amount of silver tinsel. Many retailers sell this material for mere pennies during the holiday season.
- Now add extra glue to the backing of your stickers and firmly press these to both the inside and outside your glittery star!
- Cover and wrap a wire hook with cotton batting using white glue. Twist the wire through the plastic hook or hole provided and hang the ornament on your tree.