Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Craft Papier Mâché Heart Shaped Ornaments

These papier mâché hearts are very light weight. Each torn piece of paper was applied meticulously by hand. Although it is difficult to see, I glued a tiny wire loop between the two humps of each heart shaped ornament so that I may add beaded hangers to these hearts when I am ready to set up my Valentine tree.
On the left, you can see the paper that I used to layer on top of my masked forms. The paper was imported from India; It's texture is quite soft and dense. This is ideal paper for mâché work.
Here you can see from left to right, the step-by-step process that I used when shaping and masking my hearts for our Valentine's Day tree.
The crushed paper hearts were masked with tape completely and then set
aside until I was ready to cover each heart with layers of
paper and Modge Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!