Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Christmas in old Santa Fe" by Pedro Ribera Ortega

      A marvelous read for Christmas; I look forward to sharing this little volume by Pedro Ortega annually as a kind of a Christmas ritual in my home. Pedro Ribera Ortega was a true historian of Santa Fe but also a lover of story telling and what I would call a cultural preservationist. I recommend this small volume to anyone who is interested in the history of New Mexico and who also has an greater interest in understanding Catholic, Native American and Hispanic traditions during the Christmas holidays.


Right. First Edition 1961 by Pinon Publishing Co. Second Edition, 1973 The Sunstone Press, Santa Fe, New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!