Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Among The Wealthy Kiddies


      Christmas in Millionaire row! Is it a day spent in fairyland, where one has but to wish and all sorts of lovely things come tumbling down from somewhere?
      Does Santa Claus come decked in gold and diamonds when he dashes over the roof tops as the little children of the rich he softly cradled in their beds? Not a bit of it. Santa is the same jolly old saint when he drops down the chimneys of Fifth avenue, New York, as when he leaves a toy on the ash strewn hearths of the east side. He knows that, although the big nurseries and playrooms of the avenue already hold stacks of toys and beautiful things, somehow when the flavor of fir and holly is in the air there is the same thrill in the hearts of the tots in fur and velvet as in those in cotton. And blessed old Santa smiles on both!
      To all youngsters, rich or poor-yes, and old or young-he is the embodiment of the blessed Yuletide spirit which brightens the entire year.

Exodus 22:21
"You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt."

Leviticus 19:10

"It is the same with your grape crop—do not strip every last bunch of grapes from the vines, and do not pick up the grapes that fall to the ground. Leave them for the poor and the foreigners living among you. I am the Lord your God."

1 Samuel 2:8

"He lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump. He sets them among princes, placing them in seats of honor."

Job 31:16-23

"Have I refused to help the poor, or crushed the hopes of widows? Have I been stingy with my food and refused to share it with orphans? No, from childhood I have cared for orphans like a father, and all my life I have cared for widows. Whenever I saw the homeless without clothes and the needy with nothing to wear, did they not praise me for providing wool clothing to keep them warm? If I raised my hand against an orphan, knowing the judges would take my side, then let my shoulder be wrenched out of place! Let my arm be torn from its socket! That would be better than facing God's judgment. For if the majesty of God opposes me, what hope is there?"

Psalm 12:5

"I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do."

Proverbs 22:22

"Don't rob the poor just because you can, or exploit the needy in court."

Romans 15:26

"For you see, the believers in Macedonia and Achaia have eagerly taken up an offering for the poor among the believers in Jerusalem."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!