Friday, November 18, 2011

My Welsh cupboard including Santas and a Christmas feather tree


       This maple, Welsh cupboard once belonged to my mother-in-law. During the holidays, I display all kinds of "knick knacks" on it. My husband is not fond of knick knacks so I only display my collections during the holidays. We are happy with this simple arrangement. My children always look forward to what gets displayed on the Welsh cupboard. They spent countless hours looking at these displays during their childhood years.
 
Some of the things displayed on my Welsh cupboard include: a small wooden village once
 played with by my husband, a storybook doll cherished by a beloved aunt, a Christmas
gift card shaped like a country church, a ceramic slice of pie by my youngest daughter.

This tin type actually moves. I think it is based
upon an old, winter postcard scene.

       I have collected many small things over the years that end up on top of my Welsh cupboard during December. Pictured above, left is a chalkware Belsnickel that I hand-painted and a carved Santa. On the bottom row is a Russian nesting doll given to me by my sister-in-law, a pottery Santa and a snowman wearing ice skates. None of these items are worth much but they bring back cherished memories of my family's holidays.


Also included on the cupboard a feather tree purchased for me by my
mother-in-law many years ago for my birthday.


Holly Hunter's Santa collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!