Friday, November 1, 2013

Assembled A Disney Castle Jewelry Box

      I just put together this little Christmas gift/jewelry box for my cousin. My younger daughter will fill it with Disney stickers and candy jewels for her Christmas stocking. She will be nine years old this Christmas and we will certainly enjoy watching her excitement during the gift opening. I still need to add a layer of Modge Podge to the surface of my castle candy container, but once I do, it will be more difficult to photograph.
      I painted the inside of the box with several layers of darker purple paint. The key to painting a little box like this one is, to do so slowly and let it dry thoroughly after every coat of paint. This will help to prevent the box from warping. As I painted this one, I also had to add some white glue to the seams and clamp these while drying. Although it is a delicate process, the results are worth the time and patience I put into it.
      I could not resist the Disney Castle sticker! Our little princess will surely delight in the unique packaging this Christmas, for she is very artistically inclined herself. You can purchase very detailed stickers like the one I used from any craft store. I bought both the sticker and box from a Hobby Lobby store.
      Once my daughter packs the box, I will post another photo of the finished result just below.
I assembled this unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry box for my niece this Christmas. My younger daughter will stuff it with candy rings and candy necklaces before packing it into Emma's stocking.
More Edible Jewelry Crafts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. I don't publish spam folks. Thanks and have a nice day!