Tuesday, June 25, 2013

''When Santa Claus Comes"

Dreaming of toys for Christmas.



When Santa Claus Comes

A good time is coming, I wish it were here;
The very best time in the whole of the year.
I'm counting each day on my fingers and thumbs
The hour that must pass before Santa Claus comes.
Good-bye for a while, then, to lessons and school;
We can talk, laugh, and sing, without breaking the 
rule;
No troublesome spellers, no writing, nor sums,
There's nothing but play time, when Santa Claus 
comes.
I suppose I shall have a new dolly, of course,
My last one was killed by a fall from her horse;
While for Harry and Jack, there'll be trumpets and
drums,
To deafen us with when Santa Claus comes.
I'll hang up my stocking to hold what he brings;
I hope he will fill it with lots of good things;
He must know how dearly I love supar plums,
I'd like a big box full, when Santa Claus comes.
And now that the snowflakes begin to come down,
And the wind whistles sharp, and the branches are
brown,
I don't mind the cold, though my fingers it numbs,
'Cause it brings the time nearer when Santa Claus
comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment